January 29, 2012

One Small A-Pause-A: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo (PC)

I deleted the demo from my PC. After three playthroughs using different characters, I can't take it anymore.


WoW

Because I don't want to spoil the game much more when I finally get the game in a few weeks.

From slight disdain due to the uninspiring title and complete ignorance of the game's existence to a possible day one purchase, the demo has done wonders and made me do a 180 on this game. Three playthroughs with different character specs each time, this is the longest I've played a demo since the original Puzzle Quest. Right now, I'm actually regretting that I deleted the demo.


WoW again. I can't see a thing.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning plays like a single player MMO with a more polished World Of Warcraft-esque graphics and an engaging action-oriented combat. Skill points, talent trees, crafting, all the RPG essentials are here.

Some major gripes though: the camera controls are atrocious and the "open world" is marred with quite a number of invisible walls. The former is a bigger issue for me, and thankfully, the game's developers are working hard to get those right. Still, these issues didn't dissuade me from enjoying the 45-minute open-world play that the demo delivered. The demo is a must try for the RPG fanatics.

Now only one question remains: Steam, Origin, or Datablitz?

No comments:

Post a Comment