July 16, 2011

End of Summer

The 2011 Steam Summer Sale ended last Monday and thankfully, my wallet has survived unscathed. Theoretically. My brother asked me to gift him some games, and he paid me for them, so the wounds were quickly patched so to speak.



I was actually tempted to purchase some games for myself. Almost bought a copy of the Legend of Zelda-ish Darksiders, but after watching the trailer in YouTube, realized that it was best played on a console. Amnesia was beckoning as well, but I forgot to buy it the day it was discounted crazily. Then there was the X-COM collection, which I wasn't able to purchase because I might not have enough time for classic alien-killing turn-based gaming.


Why did you forget me?

The only game that I would have surely purchased didn't even drop $0.01 the whole sale period: Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011. A friend of mine could not praise it enough. Will probably buy it soonish.


It's not your turn yet!


Unfortunately, my 4 measly raffle tickets were not lucky enough to be drawn for the grand prize of getting the top ten games in my wishlist. Looking forward to the December Steam sale (and hopefully win next time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment