September 10, 2013

A love letter to my Lumia 925

Hi,

A couple of months ago, I was in desperate need for a change. My relationship with my current then turned sour. Despite the time and effort and patience I poured on, let's name her LG, she just did not reciprocate as much as I would like her to. I know that Relationships are never the ideal equal give-and-take those sappy love stories would have us believe, but our relationship was bordering on abusive. I gave her all my attention, but she would be unresponsive. I hold her, but she keeps hanging me dry. I would make sure that she's very well attended to, but I have no effect on her. So cold-hearted. So robotic.

Forlorn, I knew that I had to end our relationship. And that was when I started hearing about your name.

I read all about you. I caught every detail they said about you. You are definitely a sight to behold, no doubt. They said the pictures you would take are a step above everyone else. Your slim and light body would be a joy to hold. And you sport that snappy and lively demeanor that your kin are known for.

Aliiiive!

I was ready to pursue you, but one thing kept holding me back.

Your limited capacity. 

And I thought, maybe we're not meant to be after all. That there's someone else out there for me. Someone better.

And then I met you. In a far away land. And this time, for real. With one touch, I knew, I need to have you in my life.

For weeks I agonized. I should have pursued you the first time we met! I shouldn't have let you go! The wait is gnawing at my soul bit by bit. August 26, they said you'll come. That day has passed and gone, and no word still of you.

And then one fateful day came. Without any hope, I asked if you were there, if you have arrived.

Yes, they said.

Yeah, the iPad Mini camera sucks.

My world has never been the same since then.

It has been a little over two weeks since we have been together. You were even better than I expected.

You showed me a world where everything just falls into place, where everything is as good as they say they are. I am no expert, but to me, you captivate more than anyone I have ever been with.


My first love, courtesy of my second love.

But picture perfect, unfortunately, you are not.

32 would have been ideal. At 16, I have to inhibit myself from getting too excited. (Storage, people!)

You can sometimes get too hot to handle. I manage all right, but it gets me worried about your well-being at times.

And of course, there's the lack of support your kin is infamous for. I know there's not a lot of you out there, and that's what this is all about. While I hope that the situation gets better soon, what you have right now is more than enough for me. 

Two weeks may not be enough time for me to get to know you as well as possible, but I have fallen for you nevertheless. 

You are worth everything and more.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment